Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Three Musketeers

Athos, Porthos and Aramis...One for all and all for one!

Yesterday Radhika called and the day before cavity. It’s almost like telepathy. When smita called on Tuesday, I instantly exclaimed, kavitha! But it was only smita (not that I was any less happy about that either). But cavity hadn’t called for a month and I had suddenly begun missing her. I thought I must have said something stupid in our last meeting to hurt her or something. Even if I had, I can gather that she must have discounted me for it.

So we were the three musketeers back in school…

My first day in SPV was hardly one of those bright, fun filled days. In fact it was raining heavily and if I remember correctly, assembly had already begun. It seemed dull and dreary. Leaving DPS and all my friends wasn’t my idea of fun.

Anyways, cavity and rads are two people I knew from before. Rads was in my tutorial classes and cavity I had met on the day of interview. When I walked out of the room and spoke with her, she thought I was one of those who’d get a ninety plus. Incidentally, i was brimming with confidence. Two months later when I told her that it was only an 86, she was a bit taken aback. I think that happens with most people. It’s probably the way I conduct myself. Sometimes it works to my advantage and sometimes, as my brother says, it just makes me unapproachable. Ten years later, single with slim likelihood of that status changing, I can figure that he isn’t completely wrong.

The first impression

Eyes…definitely her eyes. They dazzle. Hardly ever seen eyes like that. By any standards, cavity can be called really beautiful…not pretty, but beautiful.
Eyes again…but beautiful and calm ones. They soothe. By my parent’s standards, Rads is the ideal girl. Sensible and mature. Sensitive and understanding. I am not so sure about the mature part though, but I am hardly a person to talk about maturity…having none myself!

Its been ten years since then.The expression of their eyes hasn't changed. I still find them as beautiful. But just like wine, our friendship has matured over time.

And now i think the most precious thing i've got from SPV, are these two friends!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home