Friday, June 02, 2006

Baby BumbleBee....

"Babies are always more trouble than you thought - and more wonderful." ~Charles Osgood

Today i went to meet Leena and her month old son. And as usual, i thought it was going to be another one of those meetings i was going to dread. I mean, what was i going to do with such a small baby. I wouldn't be able to hold him and he'd be sleeping anyways. And leene would understandably be very exhausted. I knew i was going to get bored (i guess am not such a social person).

Leena is my friend from the gym. She is quite elder to me and was still single when i joined the gym three years back. She'd see me exercising for 2 to 3 hrs at a stretch. No, it wasn't cause i thought i'd lose more weight. I was just really excited. My enthusiasm quickly made me the instructor's fav student. I mean who was going to do those lousy exercises for such a long time. Most girls prefered to talk about their men or clothes or movies. I guess leena was one of those who'd gossip a little less, maybe cause she had a job then and so was left with little time at hand. Or maybe cause she just didn't want to. So after the first week went by, she took me aside and said, "I see you exercising for 2-3 hrs and i don't think it's any good. Look, the instructor is going to encourage you to work out more and more. But you aain't here to build muscles, are you? "

Leena looked really tired today. And the deep maroon colour made her look aged and exhausted. Apparently, she hadn't slept well in a month. I don't think she's going to get much of that in the next one year. Strangely, everyone at their home was really happy to see me. I wonder why ! Leena must have painted a really good picture.

But the baby...i felt like staring at the baby all the time i was with her. In fact i was getting quite bored of talking to leena. Oh, how i wish i could just keep looking at him. He was sleeping so peacefully...waking up in between, moving his arms around...smiling in his sleep, yawning...going back to sleep. He was so cute. I wish i could hold him in my arms once.

I wonder if i'd ever have a baby. It's such a distant thought. I mean, i can't even imagine what it'd be like. I don't even know for sure if i want one right now. And even if i did, would i...

And then i went shopping for Abby's one year old son. If i ever want to have a baby, then i want a girl. Such completely cute dresses for baby girls. I really wished i could buy one...just that i'd have no one to give it to. Cute hats, frocks, shoes, socks, panties...all of it is soooo cute.

Chalo anyways...back to my world.

Tomorrow i have a meeting with DN, hopefully. So lets see how things progress. The manager says i am in. In fact he says they have already bought a laptop for me. Pata nahi...

I have no clue about j.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home