Tring tring...wrong number
Have you ever had people calling you up at odd hours at night (and day) and asking you "bunty?" or some such equally weird question? Don't you just feel like thrashing the person right there and then?
But what if there's a role reversal and you are the one making the wrong call.
I had a tiff with Mons and realised while going back home that i might have actually hurt her. In my spate of remorse, i sent her this msg- " I am really sorry. please forgive me and i love you." at 9820xxxxxx, whereas her no is 9810xxxxxx. My tiff with Mons got resolved soon afterwards (thank god), though i realise that i should've been more sensitive. I think its criminal to hurt people who care for you.
Next morning Mr. 9820xxxxxx actually called me up.
Mr.X: "Madam, i am calling from bombay. goodmorning. you sent me a msg yesterday"
Me: "oh, i am so sorry i didn't mean it. i am really sorry."
Mr.X: "but you wrote, love you."
Me: "i know. but i am really sorry, it was meant for someone else. sorry"
Mr.X: "chalo koi baat nahi madam, its okay. "
Mr.X holds the line...waiting
Me: "i am very sorry again. bye."
And then all this prompted me to spend some time thinking about him... wondering about his life. Maybe he was a loner or maybe he was going through a break-up. Maybe he was expecting an old girl-friend to call. Or maybe he was just being a guy and responding to a cold call. Taking his chance. Maybe...
Anyways, SD will be back soon. I don’t believe I am saying this, but I am quite looking forward to it. It’ll also keep me occupied. Plus he is good company to have around. He reads so much, knows so much and he’s a kid brother I can(not) bully. Soon he will have his own friends circle and I will become redundant. Oh gosh, I am already talking like a mother. If I were to become one, I’d drive my kids crazy. But I am told by a very reliable source that I’d be a good partner.
But what if there's a role reversal and you are the one making the wrong call.
I had a tiff with Mons and realised while going back home that i might have actually hurt her. In my spate of remorse, i sent her this msg- " I am really sorry. please forgive me and i love you." at 9820xxxxxx, whereas her no is 9810xxxxxx. My tiff with Mons got resolved soon afterwards (thank god), though i realise that i should've been more sensitive. I think its criminal to hurt people who care for you.
Next morning Mr. 9820xxxxxx actually called me up.
Mr.X: "Madam, i am calling from bombay. goodmorning. you sent me a msg yesterday"
Me: "oh, i am so sorry i didn't mean it. i am really sorry."
Mr.X: "but you wrote, love you."
Me: "i know. but i am really sorry, it was meant for someone else. sorry"
Mr.X: "chalo koi baat nahi madam, its okay. "
Mr.X holds the line...waiting
Me: "i am very sorry again. bye."
And then all this prompted me to spend some time thinking about him... wondering about his life. Maybe he was a loner or maybe he was going through a break-up. Maybe he was expecting an old girl-friend to call. Or maybe he was just being a guy and responding to a cold call. Taking his chance. Maybe...
Anyways, SD will be back soon. I don’t believe I am saying this, but I am quite looking forward to it. It’ll also keep me occupied. Plus he is good company to have around. He reads so much, knows so much and he’s a kid brother I can(not) bully. Soon he will have his own friends circle and I will become redundant. Oh gosh, I am already talking like a mother. If I were to become one, I’d drive my kids crazy. But I am told by a very reliable source that I’d be a good partner.
Labels: Bizzare

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home